Friday, November 9, 2012

"Merry Christmas", What Does It Mean and Why Do People Say It?


I've heard over the years of money places telling employee not to say "Merry Christmas" for fear of offending someone. They have come up with the odd saying of "Happy Holidays" to cover everything. I'm not opposed to either saying but I think either should be up to the individual saying it and I don't understand why "Merry Christmas" would offend anyone. It is not mean in anyway even if you don't celebrate the same it just good wishes. Well I wrote this "Merry Christmas", What does it Mean and Why do people say it?

Merry Christmas to All.

Even for my friends, co-workers, or anyone else who may not believe in God can enjoy Christmas. Yes the main meaning of Christmas is about God and Jeasus, but it is also just another holiday to get with family and friends. I don't see how a holiday can be bad when Christmas really just wants to spread love, kindness, laughter, friendship, and wonderful memories. Now that can't be all that bad. We can use some Chrismas throughout the year to help make the world a better place.




Note: Picture was done by big-E on sxc.hu http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1374538

No comments:

Post a Comment