Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Christmas Cash

Christmas can be a very stressful time of the year. There is so much that people want to do and then thier budget just doesn't allow for their wants. Now cutting back and living in your budget is very important, but so is enjoying Christmas. Now I'm not saying by any means you should spend more then you have nor do I think charging Christmas is a good idea. Matter of fact charging is the worst thing you can do at Christmas time as it make the rest of the year harder.  Instead it best to start thinking about Christmas cash now.

Tucking away a little bit every week will help to make Christmas easier for you. Plus you may be even able to have a little extra for those rainy days. It used to be standard practice for people to make sure they had a nest egg saved up.. then charge cards and loan became more popular. Sadly I still have these but wish I didn't. One of the things I tell my kids is don't do it. Don't get a charge card and don't get a loan. Save up instead. Same for Christmas we need to save up. Put away $10 a week would be $520 dollars a year. Now that would be a very nice Christmas budget.

If you are already having a hard time making ends meet consider picking up a side hobby that can make money. For me writing is that hobby. I enjoy it, I learn, and I make money. I am by far not the worlds best writer and I'm sure an English major is shaking their heads, but it is fun.

Christmas cash can also be made by selling items. You can pick up good items at flea markets and garage sales. For me I like to use Listia. I list for free items I want to get rid of it and in return I get points. I then use those points for other items I want. A great way to get items for Christmas. Its also a great way to get rid of items you no longer need or bad gifts (although we know the giver had the best intentions.)

Many banks offer Christmas Clubs that earn higher interest rate then regular savings. They do this because they can use your money until Christmas. This is a great way to make money you can save grow.



Picture is by McGoo84

No comments:

Post a Comment