Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Trains


http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/49039_the-thomas-kinkade-christmas-express-electric.html?cm_ven=GPS&cm_cat=Google%7CProductAds&cm_pla=&cm_ite=49039&utm_source=GPS&utm_medium=Google%7CProductAds&utm_campaign=&utm_term=49039
Thomas Kinkade Christmas Express Train Collection
 A Christmas train is on my husband's wish list and has been for the last five years or so. Trains are becoming more and more popular to have a train go around the Christmas tree, there is even stands to put the train half way up the tree. There are many many different trains each perfect in their own way.

For me, a Christmas train being special goes back to when I was a little girl. My grandfather worked for Grand Trunk, a train company. Every year we would wait in line early in the morning for hours. It was such a long line that they would serve hot chocolate and donuts while we waited for the train to arrive with Santa. The train cars leading up to Santa where decorated in a wonderful Christmas theme. On decoration I remember the most was the talking Christmas Tree. The tree would talk to people as they were going by. Then everyone would get to see Santa and get a small gift and candy.

Many years of fond memories of the train. I had checked when my kids where young and the Christmas train was no more. I look forward to hopefully see it recreated one day.

I found some good article on Squidoo on Christmas Trains. You can find even more enjoyable information about Christmas Trains.

Christmas Train Sets
Top Rated under the Christmas Tree Trains

No comments:

Post a Comment